Sunday, August 15, 2010

Round 6

Q:
I'm not an amputee, I was just using the question I found from other videos. But just as you say, if God was to regenerate an amputee's limb, it will be a "proof I'm here" and that will take out the reason for faith.

Well then what is faith? It's the belief in God and that he exists. Since God demands faith so much and wants to be worshiped so much, you have to admit he is. An. Egomaniac.

Basically God demands people to have faith and worship him, and then they will go to heaven. But if not, they will go to hell. Isn't that what a tyrant would do?

Let's say if a real non-tyrant great person was God, he wouldn't need to show around his religion. If he did, that would interfere.

If he shows people to have faith, then the not-really-good-guys would try to pretend to be good, so that they would go to heaven.

Basically when Christians do good, it's not always because of pure good heart.
But when Atheists do good, they're doing it for good, not expecting reward from God.

God doesn't interfere and allows bad things to happen. Rape, murder, disease, natural disasters. But when wanting people to have faith he exists, he'd interfere, just so they could worship him? Really? You would go to the trouble of interfering the earth to make em worship you, but when horrible things happen, you don't bother saving people? All for the sake of testing them if they really believe in you? All about you?

So you see, he's much of an egomaniac.

And you said he doesn't heal amputees to let faith on, then how come he "shows himself to people's lives" and does the "miracle of the healed brain tumor/cancer patient?" Doesn't that takes away the faith thing too? So yeah, what you said was flawed, I believe.

Anyways, how he wants so much faith, is enough to show his ego. Why can't he just fix the world, instead of "testing" people's faith by not doing anything?

Faith just shows the level of believing strongly in something that doesn't have proof. Having faith doesn't show the level of how nice/evil a person is, so why is faith part of what decides if you go to heaven or hell?

Looking forward for your reply on the above.

Oh I almost forgot, answer this too:

The Bible is the word of God, and that means you believe 100% in the Bible, right?


A:
Yo,

Ok good. I was hoping you had all your limbs. :) Yeah, as awesome as it would be to see a hand regenerate before your eyes, I just don't think that's God's style.

I can see what you're trying to say. And if you believe that God is the authoritarian, apathetic God, who just demands our faith, you'd be right. But that's common misunderstanding of Him that people who don't have a real relationship with him have. God isn't an authoritarian, although he has all authority. He isn't apathetic. If one reads the Bible bible properly. Putting it into the context of the time period in which it was written, and to whom it was written, if you read it through, you see an entirely different God. He's an active and loving God. He quite literally is our father. He is the source point from which we came. We were created in HIS image. I don't have kids. I hope to some day, I think that'd be awesome. But I can imagine, that when I'm a dad, I'd want my kids to love me. I'd want them to know that I'm there Pop, and I love the shit out of them. The Jesus message, the story of God, is exactly that. God wants us to love him. He wants us to know that he's our Father. That he really does have our best interests in mind. That's the core of it. The only thing 'religion' has done is change that message for the sake of peace, power, or money. Does God want our faith? Absolutely. He loves us, he wants us to love him. Do you think that makes him an egomaniac?

It seems like you're going back to the 'why does bad stuff happen in the world' question, and trying to use it as proof to how God is an ego-maniac. I believe I've gone over the presence of sin in this world.

"In the Bible it talks about our physical earth being handed over to evil. Evil resides here, it has it's way here. Genocide, holocausts, murder, rape. All horrible in the eyes of God yet part of our everyday existence here. I believe that God mourns for the loss of human beings at the hands of those who create these atrocities."

Let me make this clear. Sin/evil is very real, as real as God is, it's in this world and it's in us. It was we, the creation, that turned from God, it was never him abandoning us. I'll also make this clear. God is good. Pure love. No evil comes from Him. Horrible things happen. Atrocities happen, people die. It's the sin in this world and those are the physical manifestations of that sin. Remember, he's our Father. He wants us recognize our status as his children and just love him. Live for him. He knows better, anyways. I don't think him an egomaniac at all. No more than I do my own Dad for wanting to have a relationship with me.

As far as what I said being flawed, I respectfully disagree. The healing of sickness and disease is very different from the re materialization of a physical limb. Internal medicine leaves much room for debate and conjecture within the medical community while having a limb reappear is right there, out in the open. Can you see the difference? While both require either the disappearance or reappearance of physical matter and are absolute miracles they are very different. But we can agree to disagree.

Again, he is without ego. He is the truth. He desires our faith because he wants us to know the truth. To hear the 'good news' and realize that we actually are a creation and not just a physical being that's born/lives/dies.
He can fix the world. He will fix the world. And the reason that he has yet to is because he wants as many of his kids realize His truth and come along for ride. Then he'll make it all new. If we're talking about the Judeo-Christian God of Abraham. Then that's what we're talking about.

You see, you're looking at the faith/heaven/hell thing through human eyes.
And you're basically asking a simple question that I've already covered.
The word faith can be very vague. We're not talking about 'believing strongly in something.' I have faith the brakes on my car will stop my car. This topic is talking about a core faith in the Creator of the universe. Totally different! And the awesome thing about God, when it comes time for all to be judged, is that he knows your heart. All of it. Faith is a heart thing, it's not something that can be 100% understood rationally nor is it only something that someone says out of their mouth. I tell you the truth, if one has truly surrendered their heart to God and want only to live the life that He wants, only good will come from him. Doing good alone carries no weight in heaven. The intent behind those deeds is what matters.

The Bible. Yes I believe that it's the inspired Word of God. Written by men. I believe that If one reads the Bible properly, by taking into account: author, when it was written, where it was written, to whom it was written, then the truth of God is glaring. I think far too many people read the Bible far too literally. Word for word, not understanding the context into which those words were written. I believe that fact that the Bible even exists is a miracle.
I believe 100% in the Truth that emanates from the Bible.

Take care dude....talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment